Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cookware and Crystal and Appliances, Oh My!

It's official - Ryan and I are married!  The wedding was amazing, if I do say so myself, but surreal.  We had a wonderful time celebrating with our family and friends, but it's officially time to get back to the real world.

On today's agenda is the return of some items we received and the purchase of some items we need, like pots and pans.  I know, I know, it's a pretty exciting Sunday.  Seriously, though, I'm pretty excited.  It's not every day you have enough gift cards and cash to buy your dream set of cookware or that VitaMix you've wanted since your freshman year of college but could never justify buying for your dormroom.  The problem is, I don't know what my dream set of cookware is. 

I've ruled out the copper cookware since the care is slightly more restrictive than other sets and we don't have that much in gift cards.  The All Clad, as glorious and shiny as it is, has handles and a weight to it that makes me feel like I'm going to break my wrist, and I really don't need another wrist surgery.  I thought we had settled on the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8-piece set (with a double bonus) from Crate & Barrel, but now I'm not so sure.  Is stainless steel really the right choice for our family of three?  Isabella may not eat with us, but she's still a member of this family, and I may have t strt cooking duck and rice for her again if this itching doesn't stop.  Should I go with the non-stick cookware?  Do I forego a set of cookware and buy a mix of individual pieces?  These are real problems, people! 

Okay, maybe they aren't real problems.  We aren't starving, we have a china cabinet with beautiful crystal in it, and we have each other.  However, we do need something with which to cook our food and we've already given away most of our cookware to relatives who are either just setting up their first home away from home or are about to.  Plus, I dn't think I can convince Ryan that we will be able to survive with just our juicer, VitaMix, and All Clad Deluxe Slow Cooker, no matter how fancy those items may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment