Wednesday, September 7, 2011

4:30 in the MORNING

Isabella decided to wake me up around 1 am.  I think she was scared of the thunderstorm that was rolling through.  Then, she decided to wake me up just before 4:30 so I would take her out to the bathroom.  Correction, so I would take her out in the pouring rain and she could refuse to actually go to the bathroom.  She would barely even go on the covered stairs.  Once we were downstairs, she ran as close to the wall as possible, avoiding the portion of the walkway that was exposed to the elements, and eventually made a dash for the stairs.  Aware that my chances of getting any real sleep were dashed, I plopped on the chaise to give myself some time to wake up and wait for the rain to let up enough that I could take her out.  And then I smelled a fresh wet spot on the carpet.  Isabella, who refused to go outside just 20 minutes before (even though there are spaces where she would be mostly protected from the elements), had made a mess of the carpet.  If that won't wake you up, I don't know what will. 

Should you have any ideas on how to house train my already mostly housebroken 2 1/2 year old dog, I'd love to hear them.  This kind of craziness has to end or we'll never be able to get her a sibling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment