Thursday, September 22, 2011

Most Productive Morning Ever

This morning, my first class of the day was cancelled.  Being the studious person I am, I jumped up early and went to the library and worked until my second class began.  (It was fun to pretend that was true for a minute.)  Instead of getting up early, I waited until about 7:30 to pull myself out of bed, started doing school work, and decided I wasn't going to waste my time driving all the way to Gulfport for just one class.  I would spend about as much time traveling as I did in class and it didn't seem so productive to me at 8:30.  Determined to really be productive, I finished watching my lectures for my online class, printed out about half of the reading, and went downstairs to the gym so I could exercise and read at the same time.  Super productive, right?  There's nothing quite like an hour in the gym and finishing most of a week's worth of work for a class all before 11.  Before heading into the office, I also managed to paint my toenails, get all dolled up for work (I did my hair AND my make-up and even put on heels), and do a load of laundry.  The best part is, it still feels like morning to me so I think I've been even more productive than I actually have.  You can get so much accomplished when you don't have to work until 1:30 in the afternoon and you get to leave at 6:30.  I think this should be the new workday - 1:30-6:30.  Sounds fabulous, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment