Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby Fever

I think there's something in the water.  Several of my friends (who shall remain nameless and are probably not who you think they are anyway) have recently been discussing having babies.  Within a matter of weeks, three of them told me they had already begun trying, were probably going to be trying within a couple of months, or as soon as they get back from that really fabulous vacation they want to go on before they have a baby, they'll be working on having a baby. 

I may have missed the wedding spree that so many people go through shortly after college, but there's a very good chance my friends will be having babies around the same time.  This is a good news/bad news situation.  Good news - I'm so unbelievably happy for my friends, especially the couple referenced above that just told me they're expecting.  More good news - I will be able to buy lots of cute baby things, which I love to buy anyway.  Best news - at some point in time, each of those babies will be stolen, by me, even if only for a short period of time so I can hold them and play with them and get my baby fix.  Bad news - with all of these babies around, it makes me want one of my very own even more than I already do.  It doesn't really matter that I'm not even married yet, work full time, am in law school, and between the two of us Ryan and I will have oodles of student loans, does it?  How hard could it be to bring the baby to work and school, get all of my work done, and play with the baby all the time?  I don't sleep anyway so it would be perfect!

Who's with me?  All aboard the crazy train!

Okay, fine, I'm not really going to run out and set-up a nursery (even though we will have an extra bedroom in our new place, which doesn't really need to be used as our office), but that won't stop me from dreaming of the day when I'm able to hold my very own bundle of joy in my arms for the first time.  Until that day, which is a long way away, comes, I'm going to continue to be happy for my friends and buy and make them LOTS of baby things.

No comments:

Post a Comment