Friday, September 23, 2011

Shopping I Shall Go

Two of my MIL's very sweet friends are throwing us an engagement party in December.  Yes, December is jam packed, but I just couldn't turn them down.  Crazy as we are, the party is going to be exactly one week before Christmas Eve.  I'm sure I won't be running around looking for Christmas presents, trying to finish moving, or swamped at work.  Considering finals are over the 14th, my lease is up the 20th, and I'm having surgery the 22nd, there really won't be much time for shopping between now and then.  In order to save myself a panic attack, I've decided to do my Christmas shopping early this year.  Humorous, I know, considering I almost never do anything early, but maybe it will actually happen this time.

Seriously, who doesn't love an excuse to go shopping?  I've been trying not to shop too much, but this won't be for me, it's for others, so it's totally allowed.  Of course, I'll need a new dress for the party, so I can buy something for me.  Oh, and with the new dress, I'll probably need new shoes and maybe a piece of new jewelry...or two.  Since I'll be in recovery from surgery for about a week, maybe I should get some new PJs too.  Naturally, I'll need new slippers to match my PJs.  Since I don't know what to get for anyone yet, I'll have to do some serious window shopping, which will most likely lead to me spotting more things for myself.  But again, my intentions are pure so it doesn't really count as shopping for me.  How could I get my Dad tea that I haven't tried before to make sure it's good?

I promise, this really did start with me thinking about doing my shopping for presents for other people, but it's probably going to end with Ryan having a heart attack, despite the fact I will be bargain hunting, when he stumbles upon receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment