Saturday, October 8, 2011

Detox, Day ?

I kind of started the detox, kind of not so much.  Part of the problem was Ryan had a Groupon to a Japanese steakhouse he'd been trying to take me to for a couple of months but we never had time and it was about to expire, so we went.  Then there was a total lack of proper planning on my part.  Oh, yeah, and I'm planning a wedding and we haven't picked a cake vendor so we have tastings lined up for tomorrow, and last night my parents invited Ryan and I over for dinner, and tonight we're celebrating one of my friend's birthdays so....I have a lot of excuses. 

Considering I haven't properly paid attention to what I was eating since I was in college, I don't think I'm doing so bad.  About 75% of the food I eat is detox friendly, some days my eating is almost perfect, and a I haven't had caffeine or artificial sweeteners in over a week.  I have promised myself that on Monday, after the cake testing is finished, before we plan any additional events, and long before Thanksgiving, I'll start in earnest.  Scout's honor, I will start, and strictly follow, the detox beginning Monday, October 10th. 

Why do I think I can stand the torture and stick with it?  Because even with the few modifications I've made, I can already feel a significant change in my body.  Gone is the mid-afternoon onslaught of overwhelming exhaustion, my stomach feels better, I have a little more energy (impressive, considering the lack of caffeine and narcolepsy), and I'm not hungry nearly as often.  It's amazing. 

Tonight, I'll toast my friend on the eve of her 30th birthday, and Monday I'll swear off the booze for a minimum of 30 days.  Thank goodness I don't have any tailgates planned until the Florida/Florida State Game Thanksgiving Weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment