Sunday, October 2, 2011

Holy HTML

I've been trying to customize my blog for quite some time now, but have never really had the time to dedicate to a full on makeover.  Yesterday, while watching my lectures for Entertainment Law, I decided to play around for a little bit.  Not.  Smart.

During my internet adventures, I found a site I thought was going to be the answer to my prayers.  Free design elements and a video showing me how to make the changes in HTML?  Yes, please!  Alas, because of the recent changes to blogger templates, I couldn't use the basic template shown in the video and the result was disastrous.  Hence the uber plain design you see today.  Some of the sites I found would help me with Blogger but extolled the virtues of WordPress.  Daisy extolled the virtues of WordPress when I first started my blog, but I thought I could figure everything out in Blogger without too much trouble.  Boy, was I wrong.

It turns out I am not the most technically savvy girl out there and I don't understand HTML.  Sure, I can fix all the computers in the office by telling people to make sure all their cords are plugged in, restarting their computers, and deleting and reinstalling printers, but that's pretty much day one of Kindergarten these days.  Now there's a thought--I bet I could hire a 6th grader to design my blog for Justin Bieber shirt.  The kids still like Bieber these days, don't they?

What do you think - Blogger or WordPress?  Have any tips, hints, or suggestions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment