Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mmmmm, cheese

I didn't just fall off the wagon this weekend, I lept head-first into a giant pile of cheese.   What type of wagon did you think I was talking about?  Anyway, cheese, glorious cheese, how I've missed you so.  For dinner on Friday I had baked brie, followed by a vegetable torte with cheese in it, and garlic macaroni and cheese.  It was heaven.  I don't even feel bad about breaking my detox. I had been so good about eating only what I'm supposed to, no matter how boring and repetitive it may be, but I just couldn't take it anymore. This girl needs cheese in her life. The important thing is I didn't go on a total food binge because of a willpower break in the moment; I knew I was going out with my in-laws and I watched what I ate all day so I could splurge that night. Another key element was portion control. The brie was split between four people, I let everyone try my meal, and I didn't finish my meal, I ate a little over half until I felt satisfied, then put my fork down and kept it down.

While the splurge may have been worth it, the way I felt afterward was not.  Nothing will make you feel quite like a heap of cheese when you haven't had any in a few weeks.   I just felt run down and about 10 pounds heavier.  This is not a mistake I will be making again anytime soon. Small amounts of cheese may be fine, but no more piles of it.  Moderation is key.  I'm back off of cheese, back on my detox diet, and looking forward to another cheat day I'm sure to schedule again, just not too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment