Friday, October 14, 2011

Somebody Must Be Joking

This summer I had not one, but three outpatient procedures to have a benign lesion removed.  About a week before procedure number three, I had two root canals on the same day.  I'm scheduled for another surgery (still outpatient but this time I'll be going under and recovery will be longer) in December, two days after my apartment lease is up, and not even a week before Christmas.  I'm not happy about all of this, but I have long since accepted it. 

On Wednesday, I was with my trainer when I felt a weird sort of popping in my wrist.  I look down, and there's a big bump on my wrist.  Not easily deterred, I continued working out for another 45 minutes.  Thursday I decided it was probably tendonitis or something and bought a better keyboard for typing and a bean bag for my wrist.  This morning, it was bothering me so much I finally went to the doctor.  Turns out it's not a tendon, I have a cyst.  Great news is I caught it early and the doctor said there's a chance it will go away without any sort of procedure.  All I have to do is wear this: 


for the next MONTH!

Surely, this is a joke.  Have you ever tried to type or staple with one of these things on?  Luckily, I don't type all day and I'm left-handed.  Oh, wait, I'm right-handed and I am on the computer ALL THE TIME.

At least there's an alternative treatment.  My FIL offered to whack me with the biggest book he can find.  Sounds super.

No comments:

Post a Comment