Friday, October 21, 2011

A Girl Could Get Used to This

Lately I've noticed there is a lot more money in my checking account than usual at the end of each pay period.  This is particularly perplexing because I have been working less, not more.  Then it dawned on me - I haven't been eating out nearly as much as I used to.  I am a former member of the "I'm too busy, so I'll just eat out" club.  I was aware of the fact this did nothing but drain mt bank account but I didn't realize just how much I was spending until I quit doing it.

So with the extra money I put a little bit away, I pre-paid a little on a credit card I'll be using for Christmas shopping (love that negative balance and points from the card usage), and I splurged on a sequined number I'm hoping to wear to the engagement party.  I've been eyeing the sparkly goodness for a couple of weeks but I just couldn't pull the trigger until...I found it for half price.  Delightful!  I may have also purchased a watch and a ruffled cashmere scarf, both from Rue La La, and at least one of which may be a Chrismas present for someone else.

What an amazing thing this whole "cooking" and "making your own food" turned out to be.  In addition to watching the number on the scale gradually creep down, clothes in my closet starting to fit well again, and having extra money, I have beautiful new things in the mal and on their way to their new home.  I could definitely get used to this.

Now I'm off to the gym, as much as I hate the very idea of it, so I'll have amazing legs in that sequined mini that will be here any day now.  Damn you sequin obsession; damn you for hauling my butt out of this bed before 5:30 (but really, thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment