Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year, Not So New Me

I've been thinking a lot about whether I'm going to have a New Year's Resolution and, if so, what it should be.  Yes, I know it's well past the 1st of the year and I should have thought about this quite some time ago.  I'm a procrastinator, I don't need your judgment.  Hmmm, perhaps resolution #1 should be to procrastinate less...  Self, let's think about that later, shall we?

Right, so, resolution or no?  I think I've decided no.  Every year, people make a big deal about their New Year's Resolution, which I fully support and encourage, but many often fail to stick with it.  I personally think it's because people start with these lofty goals that require them to essentially change who they are as opposed to something small or taking baby steps to get to an ultimate goal.  Instead of one big resolution, I'm going to make lots of small resolutions throughout the year, and the next, and the next, and so on.  I'll focus on drinking more water, then eating out less or working out one day a week more than I do now (not too impressive when you're working out exactly zero days a week). 

I don't want a new me, just a slightly improved version of myself.  Let's be honest, it's not like I'm a car and they can just come out with a new model.  Guess Ryan will have to settle with a new paint job (and by paint job, I mean tan - I am WAY too pale for anyone to believe I live in Florida).

No comments:

Post a Comment