Thursday, January 12, 2012

You Don't Say?

Apparently, I'm getting married in less than three months.  I know this because all of the sudden, everyone around me has decided we need to plan the wedding.  Oh, gee, thanks, y'all. 

I appreciate that people want to help, but for about a week I was inundated with wedding emails, texts, phone calls, and questions.  One day I had 5 lengthy emails in the span of about 2 hours.  The questions, suggestions, and changes seemed endless.  When are the invitations going out?  I went and talked to hotels about booking rooms.  What's the password to the wedding website?  Such and such needs to go on the website.  We should talk about flowers for the reception.  Maybe we should have put so and so's boyfriend on the invitation.  Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

My answers went something like this:  Yes, I'm aware the wedding is less than three months away.  Invitations are addressed, stamped, and either a) in the custody of the U.S. Mail, or b) sitting in the group by the front door that is going out tomorrow (this was Jan. 2nd).  Glad you looked at hotels, I also sent you information about that in JULY so do whatever you want, I'm out of that particular detail.  The password is in the email I sent you in OCTOBER.  I asked for that information in AUGUST and you never gave it to me so I didn't put it up.  Already talked to the florist about the flowers.  The invitations are FINISHED and that particular invitation is already in the mail, we can't get it back, and I went over that list with you 15 times but this is the first time I'm finding out so and so even has a boyfriend.

At first I tried to answer the questions happily, and with a bit of patience.  By the end of it, I may have been a little snippy.  It wasn't intentional, but I swear, it's like everyone woke up after 7 months of planning and realized there's a wedding taking place. 

Then I regained my composure, and went back to my happy place.  In other words, I went back to perusing Pinterest and exploring my new find, lover.ly.  If I ignore everything I don't want to talk about, it will all just go away, right?  RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment