Tuesday, January 10, 2012

School Days

Vacation is officially over.  This morning, I had my first class of the semester, Law Literature and Film Seminar.  Far from the typical law school class, the reading list includes The Scarlet Letter, Crime and Punishment, Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, and several other books.  We will often be reading a book a week.  In addition to the reading, we have to watch a movie every week.  And, on top of the required reading, we each get to pick at least one other book and write a 7,500 page paper on it.  It's going to be a lot of work, but I'll take this kind of work over 100 pages of our Torts textbook any day of the week.

I'm taking two other classes - Florida Criminal Procedure and Florida Civil Procedure - but I think those are going to take a back burner to the seminar with 9 million pages of reading.

Anyway, so I was sitting in class this morning, and instead of thinking about ordering all the books I need to read, figuring out my seminar topic, or anything else I should have been thinking about, I was thinking I should get a new folder to keep myself organized.  Something I could carry in addition to my planner that's bigger than anyone's should be.  Then, it dawned on me.  As a professional in her mid late twenties, I need a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper. 

Excited about my new, very grown-up, soon to be made purchase, I started looking on the internet to pick the perfect one.  Maybe I would even buy a new folder or two.  Imagine my horror when I looked on the website and there was not a single Trapper Keeper to be found.  Not to be deterred, I searched Google shopping.  The results were three items, one of which wasn't even Lisa Frank, and another was a package of stickers.  That left one used "binder."  SERIOUSLY!?!?!?  What are the girls using these days to keep their looseleaf paper in and all the notes to and from their friends?  Do they just text each other?  The worst part about it is I  just thought it might be reasonable to assume there are 7 year old children have cell phones (I do not, however, think they need them).

Since I can't get my fancy pants Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper, I'm thinking I'll get this:

I can keep it on my desk at work and forever be reminded of my childhood.  Plus, what about a Lisa Frank desk caddy doesn't scream, "I'm a professional"?

No comments:

Post a Comment